Redox responsive polymers have attracted wide interest for their promising applications in controllable encapsulation and delivery in physiological environments, where the redox process is constantly and widely present. A series of selenium-containing polymers, including main chain and side chain block copolymers, dendrimers and hyperbranched polymers, have been designed and synthesized for controlled self-assembly and disassembly under various responsive stimuli, which may act as new biomaterials for controlled drug delivery and enzyme mimics.
- Xu, H.*; Cao, W.; Zhang, X.*: Selenium-containing Polymers: Promising Biomaterials for Controlled Release and Enzyme Mimics. Acc. Chem. Res., 2013, 46, 1647.
- Ji, S.; Cao, W.; Yu, Y.; Xu, H.*: Dynamic Diselenide Bonds: Exchange Reaction Induced by Visible Light without Catalysis. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2014, 53, 6781.
- Cao, W.; Gu, Y.; Meineck, M.; Li, T.; Xu, H.*: Tellurium-containing Polymer Micelles: Competitive-Ligand-Regulated Coordination Responsive Systems. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2014, 136, 5132.
- Yi, Y.; Xu, H.*; Wang, L.; Cao, W.; Zhang, X.*: A Novel Dynamic Covalent Bond of Se-N: Towards Controlled Self-Assembly and Disassembly. Chem. Eur. J., 2013, 19, 9506.
- Cao, W.; Zhang, X.; Miao, X.; Yang, Z.*; Xu, H.*: Gamma-ray Responsive Supramolecular Hydrogel Based on Diselenide-containing Polymer and Peptide. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2013, 52, 6233.
- Cao, W.; Li, Y.; Yi, Y.; Ji, S.; Zeng, L.; Sun, Z.*; Xu, H.*: Coordination-Responsive Selenium-Containing Polymer Micelles for Controlled Drug Release. Chem. Sci., 2012, 3, 3403.
- Ma, N.; Li, Y.; Xu, H.*; Wang, Z.; Zhang, X.*: Dual Redox Responsive Assemblies Formed from Diselenide Block Copolymers. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2010, 132, 442.